Twitch’s first game launches worldwide featuring thousands of karaoke songs
April, 2019 – Twitch, the leading service and community for multiplayer entertainment, today launched Twitch Sings to aspiring singing stars around the world. The first-ever game from Twitch, Twitch Sings is a free karaoke-style experience developed from the ground up for live streaming. Twitch Sings boasts a catalog of thousands of songs at launch in addition to features that streamers and their communities can use to make creative, one-of-a-kind performances together. In a unique, fully-interactive experience for audiences, viewers can request songs, cheer to activate light show ovations, and send fun singing challenges to their favorite streamers mid-performance. Players interested in checking out Twitch Sings can find out more at sings.twitch.tv.
“Twitch Sings unites the fun and energy of being at a live show with the boundless creativity of streamers to make an amazing shared interactive performance,” said Joel Wade, Executive Producer of Twitch Sings. “Many games are made better on Twitch, but we believe there is a huge opportunity for those that are designed with streaming and audience participation at their core.”
With Twitch Sings, being in the crowd is just as much fun as holding the mic, and just as important. Using chat and a custom interactive video overlay, the audience plays a pivotal role in the game experience by providing live feedback, interacting with other members of the community, sharing performances across the platform, and engaging with the singer in a way that blurs the lines between the performer and the crowd.
Twitch Sings Key Features:
– “Go Live”: Music is best when shared, so it is easy to “Go Live” on Twitch. Streamers can broadcast directly from the Twitch Sings interface in a few clicks or use their preferred broadcasting software.
– Social features: When streamers are live on stage, audience members can cheer with emotes, give virtual ovations, and vote on the next song. Communities can even engage streamers in fun singing challenges, like hiding the song lyrics or singing “like a cat.”
– Solo or duet options: Streamers can perform solo, invite their community to join them in a duet, or collaborate with other streamers across channels.
– Avatars: Creators can customize personalized Avatars to hit the stage or use a live camera feed on the jumbotron.
– Thousands of songs at launch: Twitch Sings is launching with a library of thousands of popular karaoke classics, with more being added to the catalog every week.
Twitch Sings is available now worldwide for PC at sings.twitch.tv.