Prime, passionately prepared Kani, Kanburi and Amadai (or Japanese Crab, Yellowtail Fish and Tilefish) are the special guests on Kisso award-winning Japanese Restaurant’s deliciously auspicious first seasonal menu of 2019, served lunch and dinner from 5 January until 28 February 2019.
Savor the ocean-fresh flavors of giant crabs from Sapporo, crab capital of Hokkaido and maybe even the world. The plankton-filled Sea of Okhotsk shelters some of the world’s richest fishing grounds for the most massive deepest-dwelling species.
Kanburi, fat, wild yellowtail, migrate south from the rich feeding grounds of the northern Sea of Japan round about now, too. And its oily steaks are perfect for grilling and saucing while trimmings make marvelous soups and prime pieces are a sushi and sashimi delicacy.
Responsibly sourced, certified authentic amadai is also in their prime. A rare kind of sea bream swimming about at the bottom of shallow southern Japanese seas, they have a fabulous watery flesh perfect for steaming, grilling, frying, soup or sashimi.
The Japanese Kani crab is precisely prepared in two different ways:
– Kani Saka Mushi No Moriawase, Sake steamed horsehair crab, snow crab and king crab
– Kani Nabe, Horsehair crab, snow crab, king crab and vegetables in hot pot
The Japanese Kanburi is offered in three cooking styles:
– Kanburi No Shio Yaki, Charcoal grilled yellowtail with natural salt
– Kanburi Konabe, Yellowtail and vegetables in paper hot pot
– Kanburi Daikon, Simmered yellowtail and radish in sweet soy sauce
The Japanese Amadai offered three different styles:
– Amadai No Saikyo Zuke Sumibiyaki, Charcoal grilled miso marinated tilefish
– Mushi Amadai No Ankake, Steamed tilefish, thicken sweet soy sauce
– Amadai No Hana Age, Deep fried tilefish
The multi-award winning Kisso Japanese Restaurant specializes in exceptional dishes focusing on seasonal variations. Located on the 8th floor of The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, steps from BTS Asok and MRT Sukhumvit stations. Reservations are recommended.
For more information, please call 02 207 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us on www.kissobangkok.com and find us on www.facebook.com/kissobangkok