There has been an upward trend among eateries and cafes in using purple sweet potato as the main part of savory dishes to create new, interesting menu choices such as purple sweet potato balls, purple sweet potato Bualoy (purple sweet potato and sticky rice balls in sweetened milk), purple sweet potato tart, purple sweet potato Bingsu, as well as purple sweet potato soup. Purple sweet potato has been considered as a game changer that brings the new exotic taste to the food industry. With many great health benefits and fascinating color, it is no doubt why people are completely in love with purple sweet potato menus.
Purple sweet potato, known in scientific name as Ipomoea batatas, is a member of Convolvulaceae. According to Food Information Center, Institute of Food Research and Product Development, purple sweet potato is categorized as tuber crops whose body bears similarity to shrub with a strong vertical shape. Purple sweet potato was originated in tropical regions of Central America and South America, and it is also widely planted in Thailand. It contains anthocyanin, reduces cholesterol in blood, and lowers the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
With several health benefits of purple sweet potato, Heritage Group, Thailand’s leading premium natural food and beverage producer, would like to introduce a tasty dessert for health-concerned purple sweet potato lovers. “Purple Sweet Potato Brownie”, a perfect combination between purple sweet potato and almonds. In addition to nutritional values from purple sweet potato, the almonds themselves bring lots of benefits. They help strengthen the immune system, increase HDL or good cholesterol, and lower the risk of Alzheimer.
• Brownie Bottom
– A cup of instant oats (use a measuring cup)
– 15 dates
– Two tablespoons of honey
– Two tablespoons of chocolate chip
– ¼ teaspoons of salt
– Raw natural whole almonds Heritage Brand
– Raw blanched slivered almonds Heritage Brand
– 2 tablespoons of cocoa
– Purple sweet potato (500 g.)
– ½ tablespoons of stevia syrup
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
– ¼ teaspoons of salt
– A cup of Greek yogurt
– 3 tablespoons of coconut cream
• Recipe for brownie bottom
– Blend all ingredients, press them firmly into a cake tin, and store them in the refrigerator.
• Recipe for brownie
– Combine all ingredients and pour them into the cake tin lined with brownie bottom. After that, smooth the top of the brownie and store the brownie in the refrigerator for approximately 2-3 hours until set. Lastly, decorate the brownie with anything you fancy.
To make “Purple Sweet Potato Brownie” look tastier, put the edible flowers to good use. The edible flowers do not only release a rich scent of brownie, but they also bring a sense of refreshment to people.
For those who want to try making “Purple Sweet Potato Brownie”, following the recipes above or using other nuts as additional ingredients are what we recommend. Variety of premium nuts from Heritage Group are available at leading department stores and supermarket. Online shopping is available on Shopee, Lazada, JD Central, and LINE ID: @Heritagethailand. For more information, please call 02-813-0954-5 or follow the activities and news of Heritage Group at www.heritagethailand.com, www.facebook.com/Heritagegroupth, and IG: heritage_thailand